Business Accelerator Fund
The Business Accelerator Fund (BAF) is available to participating business accelerators in Michigan’s statewide SmartZone network. These funds are used toward the delivery of specialized services that are not otherwise available from these business accelerators, to assist advanced technology companies regardless of the company’s geography. A participating business accelerator will engage a third party specialist to help advance the client’s path to commercialization, company success, and economic impact for the state of Michigan.
- BAF requests are reviewed and awarded through a competitive process.
- A company may not receive more than $50,000 in BAF services, though most engagements are in the $7,000 to $15,000 range.
- Companies interested in participating are encouraged to contact the nearest participating business accelerator.
For more information, download the Business Accelerator Fund Overview. You can view the map below to find a Business Accelerator near you.
Effective April 6, 2020
BAF services expanded for early stage tech companies in response to COVID-19
- Expanded allowable use of funds for high-tech companies in need resulting directly from the public health crisis
- Expanded size eligibility requirements and allowable use of funds for high-tech companies developing COVID-19 diagnostics, therapeutics, or innovations that support the health care system’s response to the virus
- Support for certain very small non-tech companies involved in manufacture or distribution of personal protective equipment and critical medical supplies
For additional information, please contact your business accelerator
Grand Rapids Smart Zone - MSU Gateway Grand Rapids
Muskegon Innovation Hub
Holland SmartZone Lakeshore Advantage
WMED Innovation Center
Ann Arbor SPARK
Lawrence Technological University
The Underground - St. Clair County’s Regional Business Incubator
Sault Ste. Marie SmartZone
Innovate Marquette SmartZone
Lansing Regional SmartZone/LEAP
Lean Rocket Lab